How does one define a car in terms of popularity? Almost everyone has different standards on the matter. Some like their cars to remain with their stock color and accessories such as steering wheels, dash board covers, and floor mats and still be popular. On the other hand, cars that have been modified and have been fitted with custom seat covers, mufflers, and bright headlights also rake in a lot of popular points.
For this year, here are the 10 most popular cars in terms of web visits and not the actual number of registered owners:
1. Chevrolet Corvette – a high-performance sports car, boasting of a 430-horsepower V8 and impressive fuel efficient mechanism. The Chevrolet Corvette consumes 16 miles per gallon in the city and 26 miles per gallon while on the highway. The interior details of the 2008 Chevy Corvette need no customization of its car seat covers, dashboard, and the likes. A total break from its predecessors' interiors, the insides of this car is just magnificent.
2. Ford Mustang – the Mustang remains to be one of the most popular cars from the long line of Ford models, offering a diversity of performance options: 2 body-styles, 4 trims, 2 engines, 2 transmissions and a wide list of additional features. Though the stock accessories are already pristine as they are, using customized interior details such as floor mats won't hurt.
3. Dodge Challenger – returning from 35-year absence from the road, the classic muscle car that is the 2008 Dodge Challenger is boosted by a 6.1-liter V8 engine pumping 425 horses. The Dodge Challenger also prides itself with Bluetooth connectivity, satellite navigation, and Keyless starting capability.
4. BMW M3 – running for the first time on a 414 HP / V8 engine, this car comes in sedan, coupe, and convertible types. The car also comes in different stock colors. Speaking of colors, one can mix and match with its posh interiors, starting with the dashboard and car seat covers. The transmission is also a thing of beauty, one can choose between a 6-speed manual transmission, or a new 7-speed M Double-Clutch transmission with Drivelogic.
5. Porsche 911 – with a horse power numbering to 480 and a sleek exterior design and metallic finish, who would not want to be behind this car's steering wheel? A true stunner, the Porsche 911 can burst to 60 mph in a matter of 3.7 seconds. Speaking of metallic finish, one can tweak the seats and sport a set of metallic custom seat covers.
6. Mitsubishi Eclipse – the sporty coupe from Mitsubishi, the Eclipse has evolved from its predecessors in terms of style and shape. This car blitzes on a 3.8-liter V6 that creates 265 horsepower to drive the front wheels.
7. Lamborghini Gallardo – a two-seater on a V10 engine, this model is Lamborghini's best-selling model. What makes this car so desirable? It possesses an impressive 560 horsepower.
8. Nissan 350Z – launched in 2003 but was not remodeled since then, the Z car from Nissan is powered by a 3.5-liter V6 that produces 306-horsepower. The Nissan 350Z comes in coupe or convertible.
9. Mazda MX-5 Miata – a further advancement from its 1989 forefather, the 2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata boasts of quick steering, easy handling, and a sporty physique. Now available in the convertible type, no doubt this model will sell like pancakes.
10. Nissan GT-R – running on 480 horsepower, the Nissan GT-R is an all-wheel drive coupe that can perform exceptionally well on almost all types of surface. With a top speed of 200 mph, yet meeting ultra-low emission vehicle (ULEV) standards, this car is truly one for the environment. Another thing, the Nissan GT-R can achieve 60 mph in 3.5 seconds.